Pride Unbound*London is a professional convention of members of the fetish community (and their friends) who are friendly, respectful and open-minded. To avoid any misunderstandings about what kind of behaviour is acceptable, you are required to read and follow this code of conduct. Please keep in mind that these rules apply throughout the convention, including on early arrival and late departure days.
Registration and Badges
- You must be at least 18 years old by the time of your arrival at Pride Unbound*London.
- Only registered attendees may enter convention space. Pride Unbound*London has exclusive use of the venue space, and the venue reserves the right to decline access or ask any persons not registered for the event to leave at any time.
- You are required to wear your badge prominently at all times, so that you can be identified and recognised as a member of the convention.
- If you are in fursuit, it is acceptable to carry your badge in a pocket or have your handler carry it on your behalf for costuming reasons, but you should be able to produce the badge at any time if asked.
- Changing, or covering up, any information on your badge (e.g. by using stickers or drawings) is strictly forbidden.
- Pride Unbound*London badges are non-transferable. It is strictly prohibited to lend your badge to another person to allow them access to convention space. If caught, this will result in an immediate ejection from the convention for both parties, and a possible future ban from Pride Unbound*London.
- Pretending to be a registered attendee is strictly prohibited. If caught, this will result in an immediate ejection from the convention, and a possible future ban from Pride Unbound*London.
- We request that you do not wear lanyards or badges which could be mistaken for Pride Unbound*London Staff, Crew or Welfare team members. If observed wearing such items you will be asked to remove them.
- Treat others respectfully. Appropriate and respectful behaviour is expected at all times.
- We have a zero tolerance policy of abusive behaviour towards Pride Unbound*London and Theatre Deli staff. Abusive behaviour will result in an immediate ejection from the convention and the venue grounds, and you will be subject to a future ban from Pride Unbound*London
- Whether or not behaviour is inappropriate is subject to the discretion of Pride Unbound*London Staff
- If you are not sure whether somebody wants to be hugged, touched, tackled, or pounced, please ask them first.
- ‘No’ means no. ‘Stop’ means stop. ‘Go away’ means go away. This is not open to discussion.
- We reserve the right to ask you to turn down music (e.g. from Bluetooth speakers) or quieten down your activities if you are causing a disturbance to other guests. Repeated breaches may result in further action from convention security which could lead to a formal warning, ejection from the convention, and possible future bans from Pride Unbound*London.
Clothing and Decency
- Pride Unbound*London reserves the right to ask attendees to remove costumes, accessories or items of clothing that may cause offence to other attendees, venue staff and/or members of the general public.
- Pride Unbound*London reserves the right to ask attendees to remove any imagery or material that may cause offence to other attendees, venue staff and/or members of the general public. This includes, but is not limited to: flyers, business cards, posters and drawings on public message boards.
- Wearing, displaying or trading costumes, accessories or other items made out of real fur is strictly forbidden.
- Nudity, and/or the wearing of suggestive clothing, may be considered inappropriate in spaces open to the general public. You MUST cover up before entering any areas which serve food or drink, and when accessing the outside smoking areas.
- Actions of sexual behaviour are not permitted outside designated NSFW areas.
- It is not permitted to display any sign, symbol or clothing that bears resemblance to (or is commonly associated with) any organisation, party or political ideology that generally causes offence. Whether or not any design is inappropriate will be determined by Pride*Unbound London Staff.
- Pride Unbound*London requires attendees to not enter certain areas while wearing costumes or items of clothing that are construed as being inappropriate, and reserves the right to request attendees to remove such items. The definition of inappropriate can be considered as, but not limited to:
- No visibly “anatomically correct” costumes;
- No visibly sexually modified costumes;
- No inflatable costumes that are sexually explicit, or that could be construed as sexually explicit and/or fetish related.
- Whether an item fits these criteria is up to the discretion of Pride*Unbound London Staff
- If in doubt, contact security and ask. This can be done before the convention by emailing email@example.com, or during the convention at Con-Ops.
Alcohol, Intoxication, and Other Drugs
The venue is a licensed premises under UK law. As such the following rules apply.
- Should you choose to consume alcohol, you are expected to drink responsibly.
- You will be held liable for what you say and what you do, even if intoxicated.
- If you appear to be intoxicated, the venue staff are legally required to refuse service for further alcoholic beverages for yourself, or someone attempting to purchase on your behalf.
- The venue reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
- Persons who are intoxicated to the point of incapacity may be ejected from the convention.
- It is strictly prohibited to consume alcohol in the venue which has not been purchased from the licensed premises. If caught doing so, this may result in immediate ejection from the convention, and a possible future ban to Pride Unbound*London.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the premises, except at designated smoking points.
- The use of vapes and e-cigs is prohibited within the premises, except at designated smoking points.
- Pride Unbound*London operates a zero-tolerance policy to the use of illegal substances. The possession, consumption or sale of such items is strictly prohibited. Attendees found in possession of such substances will be handed over to the police and may be banned from the convention. It is your responsibility as a guest to be aware of local laws and regulations.
- The abuse of any other substance as a drug including but not limited to (nitrous oxide, alkyl nitrites (“Poppers”), glue, “legal highs” etc.) will not be tolerated, and may result in an immediate ejection from the convention and a possible future ban from Pride Unbound*London
- Whether or not an item falls under this category is at the discretion of Pride Unbound*London staff.
General Venue Rules
- The consumption of food or drink purchased outside of the venue is not permitted in the venue.
- Attendees may not enter the service areas of the venue, or “Staff Only” areas of the convention space. This includes all backstage areas, service elevators, the rooftops, the stairwells above the mezzanine, emergency exits (unless in an emergency), and all areas marked as “Staff Only”.
- Tampering with any fire-protection devices – in particular, disabling smoke-detectors or maliciously triggering fire doors or alarms – is illegal, therefore prohibited. Anyone caught doing so will be immediately ejected from the convention, with liability for any damages or associated costs and a possible future ban from Pride Unbound*London.
- If you wish to wear body paint, costume paint or make-up, you are solely responsible for any damages caused as a result of transference.
- Do not deliberately crack open glow-sticks or similar items containing dyes, sticky residue, or corrosive material.
- It is not allowed to use glow-sticks as “poi” (i.e. by spinning them at the end of strings).
- The sale of any kind of merchandise outside the Pride Unbound*London-sanctioned trading spaces (e.g. the official Dealers’ Den) requires explicit permission from the Pride Unbound*London Board of Directors. It is the seller’s responsibility to be aware of local laws and regulations.
- You are liable for any damage you cause to the venue and/or convention property.
- All animals, with the exception of licensed service animals, are strictly prohibited from the venue.
Weapons, Imitation Weapons, and Dangerous Items
- All weapons, including imitations, replicas, tools and toy weapons, must be approved by Pride Unbound*London Security. To do so, please bring your weapon to the Con-Ops.
- For detailed information on what type of weapons are generally acceptable, please refer to the official weapons guide on the Pride Unbound*London website.
- Mock fights, swordplay, fire breathing or any other activities that may adversely affect bystanders or venue property are not allowed without explicit permission from Pride Unbound*London and written permission from the venue. If approved this may require a suitable risk assessment and may need to have a staff member appointed to observe the activity.
- Pride Unbound*London may require your weapon to be peace-bound. Tampering with or removing the peace-binding is not permitted during the convention.
- If in doubt prior to the convention, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.
Photography and Videotaping
- Pride Unbound*London grants you the right to take photographs and videos at the convention for private, non-commercial purposes only.
- Photography, filming, or taping for the purpose of sale, publication, public media, dissemination or other commercial gain (e.g. OnlyFans) is expressly prohibited without written permission by Pride Unbound*London’s Board of Directors.
- Photography and filming is generally allowed in all common areas of Pride Unbound*London with consent of all those in the photo however, photography and filming is strictly forbidden in the Dealers’ Den, Changing Rooms, areas and Toilets.
- Filming in NSFW areas is strictly prohibited.
- Photos in any NSFW areas, including the Dungeon, you are required to explicitly ask everyone who might be in the photo for permission.
- Areas in which attendees have a reasonable expectation for privacy are off-limits for you to record or take photographs. These include but are not limited to: toilets, changing facilities, and “Staff Only” areas.
- Other restrictions or rules may apply for certain events, and will be announced on location.
- Official camera teams may record video and take photographs in the public areas of the convention, as well as during events, to be used in various official and endorsed publications such as: the Pride Unbound*London website, highlight videos, press releases or other promotional materials. You agree that photographs and videos taken of you can be used in such publications, without release or compensation. A release will only be required for material filmed in situations where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists.
- Media representatives who do not have Press Badges and are not escorted by a Pride Unbound*London staff member should be reported to convention security or to Convention Operations immediately.
- Please do not take photographs or video of those who do not wish to be photographed. If you are asked to delete a photograph or video by someone within the footage, please respect their wishes. In such a scenario it will be at the discretion of Pride Unbound*London staff to solve the dispute in a satisfactory manner.
- The production of material (e.g. photographs and video) which includes branding of commercial entities (e.g. Theatre Deli) must be done in accordance with their legal terms and conditions. Pride Unbound*London accepts zero responsibility for ensuring your material complies with their rules.
The Bottom Line…
The following general rule supersedes all other rules and may be invoked at any time:
- Any action or behaviour that causes:
- significant interference with convention operations;
- excessive discomfort to other attendees, venue staff, and/or members of the general public; or
- adversely affects Pride Unbound*London relationship with its guests or its venues
- may result in an immediate ejection from the convention, and a possible future ban from Pride Unbound*London.
- The application of this rule will be at the sole discretion of Pride Unbound*London Staff.
- When in doubt, please ask – preferably before the convention starts, by emailing email@example.com. We will gladly answer all your questions.
- These rules are not open to discussion during the convention.
- Decisions by the Head of Security, the Board of Directors and the venue are final.
- The definition of unacceptable behaviour remains at the discretion of the Head of Security and the Board of Directors.